Every child deserves a happy holiday season.

Helping Hands for the Holidays is an IFCS enrichment program that provides children aged newborn to 10 years old with holiday gifts through the generosity of community sponsors.

Advance Registration Required

Check back next year. Applications will be accepted October 1-28, 2022.

Please Note:

We use a priority number system that tracks how many times a family has used this program in the past. A first-time client who has never participated in Helping Hands for the Holidays will be at the top of the priority list. Due to the priority number system and depending on how many sponsors are available to sponsor children, we cannot guarantee that every family will be sponsored. 

Trouble Registering?

If you cannot apply online, please contact a case manager to complete your registration by phone: 303-789-0501

Gift Pickup Information

If your child(ren) is sponsored for this program you will receive a postcard in the mail the week of November 29, 2021. On this postcard will be information on what day/time you can pick up. Emails with this information will also go out to sponsored families.

If you have not received your postcard by December 6, 2021, contact a case manager at 303-789-0501

Eligibility and Income Guidelines

Helping Hands for the Holidays gift assistance program has service area and income guidelines.

Service Area Guidelines:
For IFCS Enrichment Programs, we have a service area of western Arapahoe and northern Douglas Counties (Centennial, Englewood, Glendale, Greenwood Village, Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan) and southwest Denver Neighborhoods. This includes Bear Valley, College View, Fort Logan, Harvey Park, Harvey Park South, Marston & South Platte (Southwest Neighborhoods further defined as being south of Jewell and west of Santa Fe). Central Denver, North Denver, and Aurora applications will not be accepted.

Income Guidelines:
As of May 2021, a household may meet income-based standards in either of the following two ways:

  1. Participate in one of these public assistance programs:
    • Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)
    • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
    • Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
    • Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
    • Old Age Pension (OAP)
    • Aid to Needy Disabled (AND)
    • Aid to the Blind (AB)
    • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
    • Medicaid Eligible Foster Children
  1. If the household does not participate in any of the above public assistance programs, the household must have a combined gross income that does not exceed the maximum income limit for the applicable household size.