IFCS | A Denver Area Food Bank and More to Nourish Lives


We all need a little help sometimes.

Welcome to Integrated Family Community Services. We are here to help you during these difficult and unsettling times.


Visit IFCS to Receive No-Cost Groceries

The Market @ IFCS is a free grocery store allowing people earning low-incomes or no incomes to shop for grocery staples once a month. We prioritize fresh produce and frozen meat along with pantry staples like pasta, rice, and beans. As often as possible, we also offer eggs and dairy products.   

Open Monday through Friday, visitors must check-in upon arrival. Shopping services are first come, first served during IFCS’ Service Hours.

Please come prepared with shopping bags. 

To decrease wait time for first time visitors, we offer online pre-registration. Before visiting The Market @ IFCS, use the links below and, after completing the online form, screenshot or write down your Client ID so we can find your information quickly. (Paper registration is available at check in for those who need it.) 

Beginning February 1, 2024, shoppers picking up food for more than one household are required to have a Proxy Form signed by the household that is not present. 

Visitors may check-in to shop The Market @ IFCS during IFCS’ regular Service Hours.

Please note: The Market may receive deliveries throughout the month that result in a temporary closure. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Pantry and TEFAP food is available for income-eligible households and to households that participate in select public assistance programs. Eligibility determined through self-disclosure. No photo ID or proof of income required.

Request Gas Electric Bill Payment Assistance

IFCS provides, through our partnership with Energy Outreach Colorado, bill payment assistance to eligible households that are behind on their electricity and gas bills. Water and other public service bills are not eligible for the program.

Program service area includes select cities in western Arapahoe County, southwest Denver, and northern Douglas County. Those seeking assistance are encouraged to review the application criteria provided on the interest form.

Request No-Cost Recreation Center Passes

IFCS Recreation Center Passes are available to qualified low-income members of the Englewood Recreation Center and South Suburban Parks and Recreation District. The IFCS issued pass allows individuals in the centers’ service areas to utilize eligible programs and services at no-cost. 

Start the process of determining eligibility by completing our on-line interest form.

Rental Assistance

Households seeking rental assistance are encouraged to contact the 2-1-1 Mile High United Way Help Desk to connect with other nonprofits and government agencies in your area.

Register for IFCS Seasonal Enrichment Programs

IFCS hosts special events each year to help families and children with needs such as school supply support, seasonal holiday meals and gift assistance. Learn about the current enrichment program at our Happenings pages.

Additional Assistance Opportunities

Please check out additional options below. Please note: IFCS receives a high number of requests and may not be able to respond individually to all who are interested in our services. We apologize that the need for assistance is sometimes greater than the funding available.

Email Signup

Join our mailing list to receive notification regarding new IFCS program offerings and status updates.


Eligibility and Income Guidelines

Anyone experiencing food insecurity and self-identifying as meeting the Income Guidelines below is eligible for IFCS Food Market services.

Income Guidelines:
As of March 1, 2023, a household may meet income-based standards in either of the following two ways:

  1. Participate in one of these public assistance programs:
    • Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)
    • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
    • Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
    • Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
    • Old Age Pension (OAP)
    • Aid to Needy Disabled (AND)
    • Aid to the Blind (AB)
    • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
    • Medicaid Eligible Foster Children
  1. If the household does not participate in any of the above public assistance programs, the household must meet the requirements based on the chart below, having a combined gross income not exceeding the maximum income limit for the applicable household size.

For IFCS Financial Assistance Programs (Rental and Utility Bill Payment Assistance), we have a service area of western Arapahoe (Centennial, Englewood, Glendale, Greenwood Village, Littleton, and Sheridan) and southwest Denver Neighborhoods. This includes Bear Valley, College View, Fort Logan, Harvey Park, Harvey Park South, Marston & South Platte (Southwest Neighborhoods further defined as being south of Jewell and west of Santa Fe). IFCS Rental Assistance Programs may be limited to the cities listed within Arapahoe County.

For IFCS Enrichment Programs, we have a service area of western Arapahoe and northern Douglas Counties (Centennial, Englewood, Glendale, Greenwood Village, Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan) and southwest Denver Neighborhoods. This includes Bear Valley, College View, Fort Logan, Harvey Park, Harvey Park South, Marston & South Platte (Southwest Neighborhoods further defined as being south of Jewell and west of Santa Fe). Central Denver, North Denver, and Aurora applications will not be accepted.

Service Hours

Rental Payment Lottery

Eligibility and Income Guidelines

Dear Applicant,

Integrated Family Community Services’ lottery for November rental assistance will accept applications Monday, October 2, 2023, through Sunday, October 15, 2023, from current IFCS program participants. This is a limited program providing one-time payment to assist low-income households with November 2023 rent. The program is not short-term or emergency rental assistance. Households with past-due accounts, demands for payment, eviction notices, or require assistance for more than one month are not eligible to apply.

This is a tenant-based program. Low-income households currently utilizing IFCS programs may apply. Assistance is limited to households within the Arapahoe County areas of Centennial, Englewood, Glendale, Littleton, Sheridan, and unincorporated Arapahoe County along the I-25 corridor. Rental assistance is paid to the landlord directly.

To be entered into the lottery, applicants must have a signed lease, fully paid deposits, and no remaining balance from previous months in addition to meeting income and residency requirements. To apply for the lottery, applicants must first complete an Eligibility Determination Form to confirm program selection criteria is met. If conditions are met, the household will be asked to complete an Application for Rental Assistance. Only complete applications that meet eligibility criteria will be considered for the lottery.

The total funding available for this program is limited to $30,000. An estimated 15 households will be selected for November 2023 assistance. Each eligible household is assigned a number. A computer program will randomly select numbers representing households to receive assistance. If selected, households can expect to receive payment totaling no more than the 2023 calculated Fair Market Rent for Arapahoe County.

The following are required to consider a household for one-time rent payment.

  1. Completed IFCS Eligibility Determination Form
  2. Completed IFCS Application for Rental Assistance
  3. Current Signed Lease or Month-to-Month Rental Agreement
  4. Account Ledger originated from Property Management/Landlord
  5. Proof of Pay, Cash Benefit, or other Financial Compensation

Integrated Family Community Services cannot guarantee financial assistance will be provided. As an applicant, a household must qualify for the program. As a lottery, only those chosen by the computer-generated system will receive assistance. If selected, assistance may only cover a partial payment towards November 2023 rent. If approved, payment by a certain date cannot be guaranteed.

If you have any questions, call 303-789-0501 x103.

Thank you,

Integrated Family Community Services Program Team

Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or  retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. Mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. Fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or 
  3. Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

This statement was updated 8.3.22 in accordance with USDA updates and guidelines.